Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two words: Stuck & Flat (I'm only half responsible)

Two words that don't go over too well with farmers:  STUCK & FLAT.  Tonight, both happened. :/

While my husband was trying to spread manure (cow poo) out in the field, STUCK happened.  It rained all day again today... so it wasnt too surprising.  Off we went to get the "monster" tractor, hooked them up and tried to pull the rig forward... STUCK happened again.  Unhook.  Got unSTUCK with the big tractor and then try to pull the rig backwards. 

Here is the video: [Keep in mind I was the monkey that had to crawl under the spreader to hook it up!]


We did get it out... no worries!

And that brings me to FLAT.  As I was cleaning out the free stall barn (where the cows hang out), maybe I backed into the cement curb... maybe.  Woooops!  Major woops.  I suddenly hear all the air exit out of the tire.  Pretty loud... cuz my husband came running, with happy face. :)  or not.. bye.  The tire was - FLAT
You really cant see too well... but the back tire is totally flat.

Luckily we had a spare tire in the shed.  We used the other skidloader to jack it up and get the new tire on so I could finish my job.
Changing the tire.... (smiling husband)

Here is my video as I am sitting in the other skidloader while he is changing the tire.  Its kind of hard to hear me because the engine is running.


And that ends my exciting evening... hopefully!  The funny thing is that our cow nutritionist was there during all the drama... just smiling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment